Friday 6 June 2014

The Little Elf Hat Without Portfolio

With all that wool I begrudgingly unravelled (see my Make It So page), I decided to make something for the new addition to our family.  An elf hat – I was probably thinking Anne Geddes photo moment.  Anyway,  I found a really simple pattern to use as a starting point (www.irarott.com).

It seemed like such a good idea but, come the big day (of trying the hat on the baby... not the birth, obviously!)... the hat was too small.  I made one for a friend of mine for her newborn and his hat was also too small.

So the good news is that I can definitely make an elf hat.  The bad news is that I'm not so good guesstimating the sizes!  In the end the hat has been filed away for safe keeping and will no doubt end up in a charity shop.  Very disappointing because they're so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment