Friday 27 June 2014

Baby Ace Shower

So... a baby shower gift.  Sounds easy but because I prefer to make the gifts I give, I like to look for something a little different.  Searching high and low, long and hard, my search was finally rewarded by a quirky find. 

This project was wholeheartedly inspired by the framed picture on whattoexpect.com.  Pure genius!  Simple, amusing, memorable.  I decided to put my own twist on it and created it as a book out of felt, gingham and linen. 

I didn't want this to be a gift with a clean finish where everything was symmetrical and smooth.  I love textures, the rustic look of fraying linen and the contrast of the cold, hard safety pins against the padded pages. 





As gifts go, it's not the most functional... unless there is an emergency and someone needs a safety pin... but I had fun making it and Baby makes three.  

Congratulations Dad and Mom and welcome Little Ace!

No comments:

Post a Comment