Monday 9 June 2014

Calm in the Storm




In a year that was fraught (or in South African: 'vrot', meaning rotten!) with turmoil, 2013 doesn't conjure up many images of peace and tranquility.   One shining beam piercing through all the chaos was my little boy.

As with all babies, I'm surprised he hasn't ended up with arc eye what with all the photos we've taken of him.  There are many that I love, but these two are part of a series that bring a little bit of calm to mind. 

Back in S.A. T-Lo (The Little One... well, hey!  J-Lo has already been taken!), his Aunty and I decided to treat ourselves to a day at uShaka Marine World in Durban.  The joy on T-Lo's face and his excited shrieks when he was watching the dolphins brought tears to my eyes.  And in the bowels of the sunken ship that looked out into the aquarium, his monologue directed at the Angel fish brought tears to everyone elses' eyes... because they were laughing so much.  

Watching him as he sat in the porthole looking at life underwater, he was so serene as he took it all in.  Now, in moments when Life hits me in the solar plexis and knocks the breath out of me, these are the images I think of when I'm trying to equalize.    

No comments:

Post a Comment