Friday 30 September 2011

Zooty Labels


Old, damaged and unwanted crockery really comes into its own here.  Before painting the wooden labels, I decided to add another dimension to the sticks in the form of mini mosaics.  I could never bring myself to shatter any of our crockery for the sake of a project, but I found a few cheap saucers at a local charity shop.  I had no problem bringing a hammer down on them and knocking them to smithereens.  It's incredibly therapeutic and I'm sure could solve some of the World's problems were it to be included as an alternative to hitting one's head against a wall... 


I've only made a few of them so far but it's set to be a long and miserable Winter, so I fear I'll have plenty of time to make more.  (It probably goes without saying that it's always a good idea to wear suitable protective clothing such as goggles and gloves for making mosaics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment