Friday 30 September 2011

Pulling the Seed Beads Together

Part 1

Having sat with a brown paper bag full of beads for nearly two years, Gerian's surprise package several weeks ago provided the inspiration I've been needing.  Sourcing the correctly gauged wire has been challenging and, in the end, I've had to use what's available.  This has meant slightly chunkier decorative swirls but I'm not too upset because it has its own special feel.   


Dear Artist-who-made-the-original,
You'll probably never read this, and we'll never meet, but your work is an inspiration.  I know my version leaves a lot to be desired.  Please don't sue me.

Part 2
I've been thinking of how to make use of the three ornate hearts.  I wanted to incorporate the seed beads, somehow.  In the end, I decided to keep it simple and go with a heart-in-heart. I still have two more to make before the set is complete but I couldn't resist including a picture now.


These could hang around the house all year long, be used as Christmas decorations or even go out to the one you love on Valentine's Day... 

Don't forget to keep an eye on my Make It So page... you'll be lost without it!


No comments:

Post a Comment